Safe in Sussex
Safe in Sussex provides support to victims of domestic abuse in the following ways:
- Helpline Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm 01903 896202
- Online chat Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 2.30pm via www.safeinsussex.org
- Confidential refuge provision for women and children
- Amber House Community Refuge, providing early intervention including a behavioural change programme delivered offsite
- Domestic abuse outreach service across West Sussex for both men and women providing one to one support
- Freedom programme, a 12 week rolling course to help women understand the beliefs held by the abusive partner, to gain confidence and improve the quality of their lives.
- The Domestic Abuse Recovery Toolkit, 12 week programme helping women to overcome the psychological trauma of domestic abuse
- Adverse Childhood Recovery toolkit, a programme for men and women who have grown up in a household where there has been trauma including but not limited domestic abuse, substance misuse, mental health
- Educational programmes for young people helping them to make safe healthy relationships.