Frequently asked questions about Young Victims

I am a young person. If I want to talk to someone, but don't want to give my name or address, where can I go?

The services for young victims listed on this website are all anonymous services, and will only take your details if you are willing to share them. 

If you do choose to share your personal details, these services will talk to you about getting support for whatever happens next.

When should I report to the Child Exploitation Online Partnership (CEOP)?

The Child Exploitation Online Partnership (CEOP) help children stay safe online.

Has someone acted inappropriately towards you online, or to a child or young person you know? It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone being insistent on meeting up. You can find out more information on what to report to CEOP here.

Where can a young person go for help if they have been a victim?

If you feel that you are in danger call 999. 

If the problem is less urgent you could talk to a trusted adult or friend.  This might be a parent or other family member, someone at school or a friend who can help support you.

You could also talk to a PCSO, visit your local police station or call the police non-emergency number on 101.

You can also visit or call any of the services found on this website.